Automated Steel Processing
Control Concepts services control systems for steel manufacturing equipment and machinery, including those for:
- Slitting steel
- Cutting to length
We repair and upgrade controls and replace obsolete or outdated equipment with control systems that improve machine safety and performance speed so you can make rapid, accurate production changes.
We service almost every brand.
- According to the World Steel Association, 2014 global crude steel production reached 1.665 million metric tonnes.
- The steel recycling rate was 88% in 2012 (Steel.org).
- Steel can be galvanized, zinc-coated, and coated with special paints for a variety of uses.
- Steel can be stamped, corrugated, slit, and shaped into almost anything you need.
All of these processes are partially or fully automated. That means miles of conveyors and countless guides, rollers, stamps, molds, cutters, sprayers, dippers, and other pieces of equipment used to create, shape, cut, and coat steel products. All processes have one thing in common: they are automated.
Automation requires electronic and electrical drives, logic controllers, motors, and other controls. What happens to the line when a motor controller goes bad? It stops. How much production time do you lose off that line? Too much. Controls can be repaired, replaced, upgraded, and retrofitted on-site by an experienced Control Concepts engineer or technician, no matter where your facility is located. You do not have time to waste. The world is built with steel and is depending on you.
You can depend on Control Concepts.
Our repair process
- We check the motor drive and terminals for substandard connections
- We conduct diode and IGBT tests on I/O power sections
- We power up the unit and perform amp readings and output frequency tests
- We perform basic jog functions after a system back-up
Emergency repair service is available 24/7 for the electronic control systems on all your steel manufacturing and processing equipment.
Emergency retrofit service available!
We can begin (and sometimes complete) work on the same day.
How does a retrofit help you?
- Saves energy
- Reduces down-time for scheduled maintenance
- Reports operating data and productivity information in real time
- Increases reliability
- Minimizes breakdowns by pinpointing and preventative maintenance processes
- Troubleshoots problems quickly with detailed diagnostic information
- Identifies and displays the point of failure in the machinery
We have 30 years of experience with integrated, automation controls:
- Electrical installation
- Onsite testing
- Field modification
What controls do we service?
- Machine automation and controls
- Machine safety equipment
- AC/DC motor drives
- Variable frequency drives (VFDs)
- Variable speed drives (VSDs)
- Programmable logic controllers (PLCs)
- Electronic controls
- Soft starts
Control Concepts is also a certified UL508A panel shop
- And program
…your custom solution anytime. You get a full manufacturer’s warranty on every panel installed.
We start with a personal consultation to understand your equipment and machinery. Then we analyze your manufacturing needs and consult on the best solution available to meet the demands of your vendors. We establish equipment electrical ratings, develop panel designs and electrical drawings, and build custom panels according to the approved design. Control Concepts performs thorough quality control testing and verification on every system we build and provide professional installation service.
Control Concepts offers 24/7 industrial electronics service and repair
We have offered 24 hour service since 1984. Control Concepts responds to your emergency with the urgency you deserve. We can quickly deploy an experienced technician to repair and service your steel manufacturing and processing equipment controls where ever they are located.
CALL US for more information or to schedule service.